Travel Less With Lighter Luggage
Nothing annoys me more than heavy luggage. I travel too much, too long, and too often to bother with unnecessary pounds, objects, or clothes. I want to be as mobile, flexible, and agile as possible while I create my designs from places I’ve never been. For me, this is the epitome of my digital nomadic life. Hence only a 42L backpack. So only one pair of shoes. Travelling gives me more ideas for my downloadable t-shirt designs.
On a side note, my designs can be printed from heat press machines – here’s a great blog article about heat press machine reviews. It’s a good read
The Advantages of Travelling Light
1. Less is easier is less annoying. When backpacking, you walk a lot with your rucksack and pull it from A to B every few days. Life with public transport or climbing stairs is extremely nicer when your backpack is smaller and lighter. Less back pain.
2. You only carry around things that you need regularly. You don’t need to travel a lot. So why pack so many things that you rarely or never really use? Instead, buy it when you need it. Say no to dead weight.
3. Fight your fear. Most of us pack too much out of safety considerations. “What if …” is a fear that you can let go of. Trust that you can do without some items or buy them locally.
4. Don’t pay overweight at the airport. You simply don’t have to have these worries with little luggage. And anyway: If you start somewhere with more than 20kg, you don’t belong on a trip, but move. But, I’ve seen everything.
5. You need less time to pack. I now pack in about 10-15 minutes and then I’m ready to go at the front door. That saves my nerves and time. That’s how I want it. Why people start packing days before they leave is a mystery to me – the anticipation must be. For me, time is basically money and that’s why I’m a fan of it when it comes to packing quickly. Pack less = less time to pack.
6. Less luggage = more freedom. The less I have with me, the fewer kilos I weigh, and especially when I only travel with hand luggage, the greater the feeling of freedom. Weight is not only heavy physically, but also mentally in the head. The lightness of being is even stronger with little stuff in your backpack.
While I make sure that I travel light with only a hand carry to bring. I just make sure though that I pack with me my laptop, my phone, and my camera. Let’s just say these items are my essentials so that I can bring work anywhere. Plus, I still get to send my designs for heat press printing back to the head office. Isn’t it great?